I only hope you all have friends that bring over food as tasty as my friends do. Like Al Messimers Jerk-a-molie. Or Grandma Janet’s refrigerator pickles. Or…Linda Hubbards Chicken Cheese Ball. It was wonderful and although no one may have guessed it, I ate probably half of it myself. First I planted myself in front of it and nibbled. But I had to be hostess. So I mingled, brought out food. Then proceeded to nibble every time I passed by, making sure different people were around each time so no one would catch on.
Its so easy, you will laugh and say “Oh yes!” You will remember this next time company is coming.
I think she used rotisserie chicken, but maybe not. I wonder if there is a book out yet 1001 things to do with rotisserie chicken. Its almost as revolutionary as bagged salad, God bless em.
Here is the recipe for Chicken Cheese Ball:
- 1 can (8.5oz) premium chunk chicken breast
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 package dry Ranch dip mix
- 1/2 cup crumbled fete cheese (note: She did not have any and skipped this. It was wonderful without, bet it would be wonderful with too).
- sliced green onion to taste
- sliced almonds (wonder how it would be if you toasted them?)
Softened the cream cheese.
Mix all but the almonds together and form into a ball.
Roll in the almonds.
Put on a serving platter surrounded by nummy little crackers.
Or wrap in seran wrap and chill until needed.
Thank you Linda dear!