Wow, I struck gold this week.
I wanted to make a creamy dressing, having run out of the vinaigrette I had been using and wanting a change. So I went surfing, the web way of course and struck gold! This dressing is so good, I want to eat it with a spoon. I had to adapt what I found since I did not have the exact ingredients, but it only made it better I’m sure. I also made only half a recipe, which still made what you see in the picture, plus what we ate at dinner. In other words, plenty!
This can be used as a salad dressing or a dip. You can thin it out with a little milk if you want. I will give you what I used plus what was called for. This is for the half recipe. Double it if you want.
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can use plain yogurt or cream fresh)
- just under 1/2 cup mayo (called for 3/4 cup, which is hard to half. I eyeballed it).
- 1/3 cup cream (called for canned evap. milk. You could use half n half)
- 1/4 cup smokehouse almonds, chopped
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- some pepper to taste
You just use your food processor. First grind up the almonds to pretty fine pieces. Then add all the rest. Just a few pulses in the machine and Voila!